Follow our candle-nerd approved tips for a long lasting, well-manicured & safely burned candle.
Trim your wick to 1/4" every time you light it.
To prevent tunneling, light for 2-3 hours on initial burn, allowing the melt pool to reach the edge of the jar.
Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
If your wick is off-center, blow out the flame and guide it back towards the middle of the jar.
Discontinue use when 1/4" of wax remains in the jar.
Wait 5 hours between burns to allow wax to properly cool.
Candle jar will be extremely hot when lit so please handle with care and keep away from children, pets and water/liquids.
Additional Candle Safety
- If you experience sooting: blow out flame, trim wick and re-light.
- Burn candle within sight. Never leave candle unattended.
- Keep wax pool free from foreign objects such as wick trimmings, debris and dust.
- Burn candle in a ventilated area but keep away from drafts.
- Keep away from flammable items. Burn candle on heat-resistant surface or tray.
- Do not move candle while lit or while wax is melted. Let wax harden before moving.
Handmade, for reals though.
See how it’s done.